Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sight number 2

Now, it's time for the...

Main Cathedral of the Orthodox Church in Belarus. Looks not as a 'typical Russian church'? :) I guess, it was built some-when in 17th century. The op of the hill, near river. You can also see a Catholic church (actually, monastery. To say the truth, nowdays it is an archive, and restaurant and something else) just behind the Orthodox one. Same time, same scope. Nothing huge enough to become a recognized symbol of the country. At least among our historical buildings. 
By the way, i have been attending the Sunday School at this Cathedral. (Building isn't seen at this picture)


 The same Cathedral from another point of observation. The downtown of Minsk. Seriously, the very center of the old city. I am taking picture with my back towards the historical building of the city hall. (It will be another story :) )

2 comments:

  1. o two stuff impressed me about this!
    that you are taking these photos. i did no realize that. and that you attended Sunday school. i never did. mu parents forgot to do so many stuff. bicycle and church education :)

    the church as such - so so - you know that I am impressed by cake look so no cake look no jaca's enthusiasm :) so far Minsk reminds me at St. Pete. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an idea - to make those pictures specially for you, and describe those sights for you. :) Sorry for the quality of pics, i am taking them with my mobile camera. But hope it still can deliver some images of Minsk behind those not so perfect pictures. :)

    In terms of the church education, you know, it was the main factor that pushed me from Orthodox church. After a Protestant Sunday school (i spent a year there just before) that one looked as cage for me. That's my personal story. :(

    This week i am going to concentrate on some special buildings, especially on historic ones. Don't be too scared, we do not have much. I already showed to you, may be half of all of them. :) Later, i ll do some other series for you. :)) (There will be cake churches too!)

    ReplyDelete